Choosing high-quality containers is a must for every mum. See the list below and check if your milk bottles at home work best in storing precious milk.
● Always choose bottles that are leak-proof with tight-fitting lids
● Avoid plastic ones that have recycling number 7 and only pick BPA-free containers.
● Containers are frequently used and cleaned so they must be steriliser-safe, dishwasher-safe, freezer-safe.
Eonian Care bottles and feeding solutions give you more than what you asked for with its BPA-free PP material and food-grade silicone bottles. These containers also have a built-in anti-colic ventilation hole that prevents excess air intake responsible for tummy upsets. Bottles are stackable, and space-saving, and easy to write-on for tracking dates on when the breast milk was pumped.
Portions for Storing
● Store breast milk or milk portions depending on their feeding intake. This process will make it easier to feed your baby and prevent excess milk. For newborns, store 45-90 millilitres of milk per bottle. As they grow older, their feeding intake also increases, and by six months, their feeding intake could go to 180-230 millilitres.
● Always put a mark or a note which includes the date of pumping or your baby’s name in case your little one’s in daycare. Let your little one consume the oldest stored milk first to prevent waste.
● For freezer storage, leave an inch of air space since liquid tends to expand when frozen.
Pumped breastmilk can be stored in a lot of ways. Whether you’re at work or someplace where refrigerators are not available, always make sure that your stored milk is still safe for your little one with these guidelines.
How to Defrost Frozen Milk
Milk stored in the freezer should be thawed correctly so it is safe for your little one to consume.
● Hold the frozen container under cold running water. As it thaws, switch to warm water.
● You can also simply allow the frozen milk to thaw inside the fridge which might take a day or 24 hours.
● Once the milk is thawed, your baby should consume it within 24 hours.
● Never defrost milk at room temperature.
● Do not place thawed milk back into the freezer.
For on-the-go mums, pumping breastmilk and properly storing it is a life saver. With these, you can be sure that your baby is well-fed as you delegate your feeding duties. Eonian Care is your partner in providing you safe and innovative solutions with products tested to meet or even exceed the Australian Standards.
Apart from storage bottles that exceed expectations, Eonian Care simplifies your feeding and pumping experience with portable, lightweight and rechargeable breast pumps that lets you express with ease.
Skip the hassle and make more time with your baby with Eonian Care. And don’t forget to follow these steps on How to Properly Store Breast Milk.